COPA HEALTH 31 DAYS OF HEALING: GIVE STRESS A MOTHER’S DAY BREAK
May 9, 2021, Mesa, AZ: Happy Mother’s Day to you. For today, give mom stress the day off. Make it a habit.
Happy Mother’s Day – Give Stress the Day Off
According to an American Psychological Association survey, women are more likely to report physical and emotional symptoms of stress than men; things like headaches, feeling as if they could cry, or having an upset stomach or indigestion in the past month. The same survey also reported that women are more likely than men to report that they eat as a way of managing stress.
Tips for dealing with Mom Stress:
- Identify difficult times of the day and change the routine.
- Take a break and decompress by yourself — 5 or 10 minutes will do.
- Exercise. It will clear your mind.
- Have a support group you trust.
- Take time to laugh–sometimes the mess and the chaos is funny.